We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principals under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and we are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information from you which reasonably identifies you as an individual, including your name, email address, telephone number and billing address.
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- transaction information;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites; and
- your username for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services and personal preferences regarding products and services;
How do we collect and store your personal information?
Generally, Home Venting Solutions will collect your personal information directly from you.
We may also collect your personal information:
- when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews; and
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products).
Your personal information will be securely stored by us, including in our data warehouses located in Australia and by selected third party providers located in Australia.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information to:
- process transactions, both in our showroom, over the phone and online;
- answer your questions, resolve your complaints and conduct investigations;
- market and sell our products and promote our brands;
- comply with any legal requirements;
- procure goods and services;
- conduct research to better understand and serve our customers and for statistical purposes;
- communicate with you, including where we need to conduct a product recall;
- prevent fraud, including services to protect your information; and
- provide you with marketing offers and information about our brands.
If we want to use your personal information for other reasons, we will contact you and ask you for your consent.
When do we disclose your personal information?
Home Venting Solutions collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services you have ordered/purchased;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- payment processing;
- carrying out certain checks (for example, for our fraud or theft prevention processes, if you wish to pick-up goods from out show room that have been ordered online);
- interacting with companies or organisations with whom Home Venting Solutions has a business relationship (where you work for, or otherwise represent, such an organisation);
- reconciling payments due to Home Venting Solutions from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers;
- purposes relating to any third-party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Home Venting Solutions or its assets; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution. We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Your personal information may also be disclosed by us to other people and organisations that you have consented to.
Documents (including hard copy documents and electronic documents such as emails) which coincidentally contain personal information will also be retained in accordance with Home Venting Solutions’ normal document retention practices for accounting, legal and business purposes.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want.
We may use your personal information that we have collected to promote and market products and services to you, including through methods such as email and SMS. We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes where you have opted out of receiving such communications.
While you may choose to receive marketing information by subscribing to our marketing database via one of our websites you can opt-out of receiving Home Venting Solutions marketing materials from our marketing database. To opt out, you will need to unsubscribe from our database. To do this, simply select the “unsubscribe” option in one of the emails that you receive from us.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
Home Venting Solutions may disclose the personal information that it collects and holds about you to third parties who are not in Australia (such as third parties who are located in the United States of America, the EU, New Zealand) for one or more the purposes set out in this policy e.g. to provide you the goods/services you have purchased. Some of the jurisdictions in which these third parties are located may have less protective privacy and data protections laws than Australia.
Personal information collected on behalf of other parties
Home Venting Solutions may collect information about you on behalf of third parties.
In these cases, the documentation that you sign will set out how the personal information that you provide will be used by these third parties and the privacy policies of the third parties will apply. Home Venting Solutions may also receive personal information or documents about you from these third parties where necessary in connection with the provision of goods or services by Home Venting Solutions.
How we deal with your personal information if you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from misuse, interference and loss and any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additional information for users of our websites
If you visit www.homeventingsolutions.com.au (the “Website”) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used (i) for statistical and reporting purposes; (ii) for website administration, security and maintenance purposes; and (iii) to direct you to material on our Websites that we believe will be of interest to you.
Like many websites, our Website may use “cookies” from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and your log-in status. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer usually allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
Our Website also uses tags, which are tiny bits of website code that allow us to measure traffic and visitor behaviour, and to understand the impact of online advertising, use remarketing and audience targeting. These tags do not collect any personally identifiable information.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our Website and use state-of-the-art data transmission encryption, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we use our best efforts to ensure its security in our possession.
The Websites may contain links/ plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information and require us to correct any of your personal information.
To access or correct your personal information, please contact email@example.com
How do you make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint regarding our use of your personal information, you can contact Home Venting Solutions.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can contact the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner.